Last updated 2nd October 2019
RedSands Campers Pty Ltd (ACN 609 480 177) (or “us”, “we”, or “our”) respects each individual’s right to personal privacy and will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to deliver the best possible service to you. RedSands Campers maintains and uses personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2018, https://www.eugdpr.org/.
When you request services from us or access our website, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive through the following collection channels:
- Our website, including but not limited to www.redsandscampers.com
- Any verified RedSands Campers social media page
- By any other means through which an individual provides personal information to RedSands Campers, including physically or electronically.
The protection of your personal information is important to RedSands Campers
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold additional personal information. For example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter via the online form available on our website, we will only retain your name and email address. However, if you hire a vehicle from us, then we will require additional personal information.
You can visit our website without providing personal details. Wherever practicable, we will enable you to deal with us anonymously or pseudonymously, however, in many cases it is not practicable to interact in this way.
If you choose not to provide some of your personal details, this may prevent us from providing our services to you or limit our ability to provide the level of service you would normally expect from us.
What personal information does RedSands Campers collect and hold?
We may collect personal information from you, your travel agent or any other organisation involved in providing our services to you. You may provide us with personal information about yourself or others each time you contact us by letter, e-mail, electronic message or web enquiry form.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, residential address, telephone numbers;
- Date of birth;
- Country of residence;
- Drivers licence details, including but not limited to number and country of issue;
- Rental details, including dates, times and locations of vehicle pick up and drop off;
- Rental preferences, including vehicle type;
- Credit card details;
- Local address, if holidaying;
- Your location, usage and servicing of your vehicle, your speed, fuel consumption, driving behaviour and distances travelled;
- Vehicle damage information;
- Testimonials about our products or services;
- Complaint details;
- Whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be existing clients;
- What, how and when you have hired from us or have expressed an interest in hiring from us;
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to us and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes); and
- Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
How does RedSands Campers collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information occurs when:
- You register with us, for example when you submit a booking request, subscribe to our newsletter, submit a contact form, request itinerary information or contact us by physical or electronic means; and
- You take part in our testimonials and surveys.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Purposes for which RedSands Campers collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular collection channel;
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any Rental Agreement between you and RedSands Campers;
- To provide you with direct marketing materials, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- To render services related to RedSands Campers (such as enquiries);
- To respond to customer enquiries and/or complaints; and
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties;
- Our insurers;
- Government authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- Our contractors, to whom we may outsource our services;
- IT service providers; and
- External advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
In addition we may use such information to market products and services offered by RedSands Campers unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such marketing offers or material. Such a request can be made to RedSands Campers. In this case we will only use the personal information provided for the sole purpose of providing the services you have requested.
Personal information provided within our website forms and/or surveys may be used for business operational, marketing and statistical purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish the information provided to be used.
We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval.
How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us via email: email@example.com or phone +61 1300 58 90 11.
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity.
How can you delete the information we have about you?
A request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 1300 58 90 11.
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS
In some cases, RedSands Campers may be required to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. RedSands Campers employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by RedSands Campers. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. RedSands Campers will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. RedSands Campers is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Website.
Social Media & Remarketing
We use MailChimp as our email marketing platform. You have the opportunity to update some of your information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email campaign that you have received from us. You can unsubscribe from a list via an email campaign that you have received from us. Alternatively, you may contact us to unsubscribe from all RedSands Campers email campaigns by contacting us via email: email@example.com or phone +61 1300 58 90 11.
Policy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us. Additional information is available in our Booking Conditions. We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.